Charlene Parker

Charlene Parker
Charlene Parker Pearls and White Smiles Alternative Model

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Grand Opening

Welcome to my blog about my exciting new business!  With the help of two fabulous friends and an amazing husband, I am pleased to introduce Over The Shoulder Handmade Handbags and Accessories.


I have an obsession with handbags and accessories which began at the age of about 18. This is when I finally stopped wearing the preppy clothes required in my private school high school and discovered myself. I am short and curvy, so I tend to wear all black and then use my accessories for color and fun. Stilettos are a must in my wardrobe and I always wear Coco Chanel Mademoiselle fragrance to feel elegant.  I love jewelry and mixing different pieces with stylish textures. My favorite designer is Coco Chanel and favorite actress is Audrey Hepburn.  Love the classic designs and clean lines with a little embellishment.  


This being said, I have started my sketches and am getting my favorite patterns organized to start my new line. Fabric selection comes next and convincing my mother to borrow her sewing machine. Thank you Shannon and Sarah for the support and ideas!

6 comments:

  1. Husband and I have been on vacation at the beach on the Gulf since Thursday. We have had an absolute blast! We have ironed out all the kinks in the business side of Over The Shoulder Handbags, and we are ready to go full speed ahead. While on the beach listening to the waves and enjoying the sunshine, I have finished my design ideas/sketches for the first line. Fabric search is next and I am going to look at some quaint places today for unique fabrics and bobbles. I am so inspired by this season'e jewel tones. Fall/Winter are my favorite seasons, so I know I am going to have a fabulous time creating. Thank you again to my Husband, Sarah, Bannar, and Shannon for your continuous support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm super stoked - when a passion runs deep in ur soul - God put it there to be used! he's not impressed w/ the talents He's given, but He's over-kited you have decided to use them!!!! God speed my dear sweet gorgeous friend! MWUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marti, I'm so happy for you, this is a great blog and I will have so much fun visiting. You know how much I love fashion, in particular jewelry, shoes and bags. Congrats girlfriend! Bernardete J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bernardete.Great to see you on here. Thank you for following :)

    ReplyDelete