Charlene Parker

Charlene Parker
Charlene Parker Pearls and White Smiles Alternative Model

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Creation of samples begins today........

Fabric,fabric,everywhere...................................SO  was reading one of my InStyle mags last night for last minute inspiration and read a quote. The quote was from accessories master Carlos Falchi. He states, " Stop sketching! Go straight to the material and cut, cut,cut. Get your hands dirty." He also shares to design from the heart, which also reminds me of a recent article I read about Vera Wang.  In the article she mentions about what one of her mentors said to her when she first started at Ralph Lauren. He said, " Trust yourself".  When I thought of both of these last night, I immediately saw my first four bag designs! I threw out all my sketches and am trusting the pictures in my head.  Especially the embellishments for the microsuede clutches. So I have learned this lesson early in my business venture......if I just let go, relax, pray, it all comes to one eventually.  Also, having an amazing husband, family, and fabulous friends doesn't hurt either. Have a fabulous Saturday!!

2 comments:

  1. I am full of anticipation to see your designs. Wishing you the very best of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Judith. Our goal is to have 2 samples prepared for November 1.

    ReplyDelete